These healthy almond protein balls are a delicious healthy snack that are so easy to prepare and taste scrumptious.
The best part about these quick meals is that they are not made with processed fats, so they are gentle on your tummy.
Healthy Family Treat Recipes do not have to be boring
These almond protein balls are a great way to get some protein into fussy eaters – as long as there are no nut allergies of course.
These protein balls also include delicious coconut.
healthy family treat recipes
What’s so great about coconut?
Interestingly, coconut has been found to fight bacteria, promote good teeth and bone health and eliminate scalp infections – to name a few of it’s benefits. If you can use organic coconut it’s even better.
- 1 cup of ground raw almonds
- 1 cup of vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- ½ cup of cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of chai seeds
- ¾ cup of desiccated coconut (plus extra for coating)
- ¼ cup of honey
- 5 pitted dates
- ½ cup of light coconut cream
- Blend the dates and add the honey to this mixture
- Heat the dates and honey in a microwave (on high) for 30 seconds – set aside
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir through
- Add the dates, honey and coconut cream and stir to form a paste
- Shape into small bowls and roll through (to coat) the extra desiccated coconut
- Serve, or store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks